- Project title
- “Gradimo Dom zajedno”
- Contracting authority level 1
- Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia
- Contracting authority level 2
- National Foundation for Civil Society Development
- Platforma Doma mladih
- The City of Split; Multimedia Culture Centre, public organization; Cluster for eco-social innovation and development CEDRA Split; Coalition of Youth Associations; Mediterranean film Festival Split
- Total project value
- 2.498.102,41 kn - of which 2.123.387,05 kn from the EU (85 %)
- Eligibility period
- Dec 1st, 2018 – Nov 30th, 2020 (24 months)
- Project manager
- Stefana Došen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 099/4222 – 950
About the project
“Gradimo Dom zajedno“ is a project that contains a dimension of collaboration which is necessary to create an ambient for developing in the right direction. The project encourages professional development of all target groups: associations, art organizations, their members and employees, employees of the City of Split and public organizations. They are all engaged in educational activities which deal with capacity building, participatory governance models and creating new culture programs, with the aim of a better and more participative model for culture management. With 7 newly-conceived program strands, the Youth Center will become the focal point of culture and art emancipation, through large-scale inclusion of the local community.
- Empowering administration and professional capacities as well as the connection of public-civil sectors of Split, in the field of participatory governance in culture; promoting public consciousness about the culture of dialogue within the framework of decision making in culture.
- Upgrading the existing model of collaboration and governance of the Youth Center through conceiving a participatory and transparent model for co-governance, in order to upgrade the conditions for those who contribute to the independent culture and youth sectors, as well as through the creation of a Plan for Sustainable Governance of the Youth Center Split.
- Promoting Split and the Youth Center as the focal point of culture and art emancipation, through large-scale inclusion of the local community.
- Preparing and carrying out culture-art and education programs.
- Empowered administration and professional capacities as well as the connection of public-civil sectors of Split, in the field of participatory governance in culture.
- The public is aware of civil-public partnerships and participatory governance in culture, achieved through: a) world cafe workshops, b) „one on one“ discussions, c) conferences on participatory governance, d) the marketing plan for the Youth Center, e) establishing a monitoring body for Youth Center governance which includes citizens, f) promotional campaign on models for participatory governing.
- The existing model of collaboration and governance of the Youth Center is upgraded through the Plan for Sustainable Governance of the Youth Center Split, the Marketing plan and the Criteria for utilizing the spaces.
- Seven program strands for culture-art and educational activities, sorted by the typology of spaces that they take place in: Razred, Trg, Galerija, Beton kino, Prostorija_e, Kocka and Kultura van centra.
- Well-promoted model of participatory governance and the connection of the public and civil sector aw ell as the local community. Better visibility of the Youth Center and the art-culture and education programs made through dissemination and creation of different promo materials/tools (web, Facebook, flyers, posters, bookmarkers, promo film, guide and so on).
A series of art-culture and social programs are organized within 7 program strands, one of which includes programs within different Split quarters (Kultura van centra. All the content is created by Platforma Doma Mladih and its associations and partners (KUM, FMFS, MKC, CEDRA). All activities are sorted by the typology of spaces that they take place in: Razred, Trg, Galerija, Beton kino, Prostorija_e, Kocka and Kultura van centra.
The project includes the adaptation and furnishing of a space (205 sq meters) within the Youth Center, titled Razred (Classroom). According to that, all of the activities taking place within Razred were placed within the strand Razred. This is a polyvalent space for discussions, education and co-working and it offers office infrastructure and technical support, working space and a space for meetings in order to encourage professionals/users to network. The activities planned for this strand are organized by Info Zone, Platforma 9,81, Mavena and KLFM.
This strands includes exhibition and discussion activities which aim to include the local community in exhibition formats through guided tours and meeting with artists. Mavena, MKC, Platforma 9,81 and queerANarchive create a program with: a) 10 exhibitions, b) 7 guided tours, c) 5 discussions i d) curating school.
This strand includes activities taking place in several spaces for performance activities. All shows and education activities (cabaret, contemporary circus, contemporary dance, experimental theater, urban dance workshops) are organized by Positive Force, Uzgon, StyleForce and Cirkus kolektiv, with the aim of developing new audiences and opening the Youth Center to the community.
This strand includes film, discussion and education formats meant for a wider audience, the youth and the professional public. The objective is to develop the audience and to build the capacities of the community in order to create a film incubator through: a) Kino Mediteran in the Youth Center, b) Mali meDITEran, c) film program with school screenings, FMFS in the Youth Center and d) Iz arhiva – curated screenings. The program is created by Kino klub Split, in collaboration with partners (MKC, FMFS).
This strand includes programs within the public space in order to better connect with the local community and to change the perception of the Youth Center. This is directly connected with the creation of new culture-tourism activities which take place during the summer in order to connect the community with tourists. Coalition of Youth Associations and its collaborators (Positive Force, Cirkus kolektiv, Studio 3/4, Romb and KLFM) will organize 8 cultural and social events.
A strand which presents young artists through shows and activities that encourage volunteer-local community communication and gatherings. The activities are taking place in the space used by the Coalition of Youth Associations (KUM):
- Hodnik session: 10 shows by young DJs and instrumentalists
- Open box: 8 activities by Activist (game nights, tea parties, education)
- Zvjerinjak: 4 social events in KUMs front yard by queerANarchive
Kultura van centra
These activities take place outside the Youth Center and takes culture in different city quarters, in order to create new communication formats and to connect with the local community, aiming to attract and build new audiences. 16 activities (film, music, performance, education) in 4 different city quarters are organized by Info zone, Uzgon, KLFM, Positive Force, Cirkus kolektiv, Activist.
Platforma Doma mladih
Ulica slobode 28, 21000 Split
- The City of Split, www.split.hr
- Multimedia Cultural Centre Split, www.mkcsplit.hr
- Cluster for eco-social innovation and development CEDRA Split, www.cedra.hr/Split/index_hr.html
- Coalition of Youth Associations, www.kum-split.hr/klub/
- Mediterranean film festival Split, www.fmfs.hrMore info: http://www.strukturnifondovi.hr/